Nebraska Historical Marker: First Presbyterian Church of St. Paul
901-999 8th St, St Paul, Howard County, Nebraska
View this marker's location 41.214554, -98.45951
View a map of all Nebraska historical markers, Browse Historical Marker Map
The congregation was organized in 1879, eight years after the first homestead claim was filed in Howard County. The first church at this location, a frame structure dedicated in 1881, was destroyed by fire in February 1905. Construction of this building, the oldest church in town still at its original site, began in September 1905 and was completed in July 1907 at a cost of $15,000, including the furniture and organ. The bell now in use survived the 1905 fire.
See Nebraska Historical Marker Program for more information.