Steele, Sandham & Weinstein Company, Architects
William LaBarthe Steele, Jr., Omaha, Nebraska
Josiah Dow Sandham, Omaha, Nebraska
Alex Weinstein, Omaha, Nebraska
Compiled Nebraska Directory Listings
Omaha, Nebraska, 1962-1963
Educational & Professional Associations
1891-1893: Walker, Kimball & Best, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska, and Boston, Massachusetts.
1892-1899: Walker & Kimball, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska, and Boston, Massachusetts.
1900-1928: Thomas Rogers Kimball, Architect, Omaha, Nebraska.
1928-1945: Kimball, Steele & Sandham, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska.
1946-1956: Steele, Sandham & Steele, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska.
1957-1963: Steele, Sandham & Weinstein Company, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska.
1963-1969: Steele, Weinstein & Associates, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska.
1970-1971: Steele & Associates, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska.
1950-1951: employed Warren Watson Keeler.
1956-1959: employed Robert J. Cernelic, draftsman.
1957: employed John H. Pryor, draftsman.
1959-1963: employed Kenneth E. Nelson, associate.
1961-1964: employed Richard R. Schleiger, architect.
Buildings & Projects
Omaha Archdiocese Chancery (b. 1962), Omaha, Nebraska.
Honors & Awards
1962: Honored by Nebraska Chapter, AIA, for the Omaha Archdiocese Chancery.
a. Project completed by successor firm, Steele, Weinstein & Associates.
1. “Dedication Program,” December 2, 1965, in Behlen Manufacturing Company Collection, Nebraska State Historical Society, RG1595, Box 5.
2. Lincoln Evening Journal (June 10, 1961), 1 [Walt Behlen donates funds].
3. “Zierk (sic) Elected By Architects,” Lincoln Star (December 10, 1962), 11:5.
4. “Pioneer Omaha Architect Known Best by Buildings,” Omaha World-Herald (April 8, 1967), 19:3.
5. "Behlen Laboratory of Physics," in Kay Logan-Peters, An Architectural Tour of Historic UNL (Lincoln: University of Nebraska-Lincoln, UNL Libraries, 2005) Accessed March 23, 2017. http://historicbuildings.unl.edu/building.php?b=98
6. Jeff Barnes, 150@150: Nebraska's Landmark Buildings at the State's Sesquicentennial (Architectural Foundation of Nebraska, 2017).
D. Murphy, “Steele, Sandham & Weinstein Company, Architects,” in David Murphy, Edward F. Zimmer, and Lynn Meyer, comps. Place Makers of Nebraska: The Architects. Lincoln: Nebraska State Historical Society, March 17, 2015. http://www.e-nebraskahistory.org/index.php?title=Place_Makers_of_Nebraska:_The_Architects Accessed, July 14, 2020.
Contact the Nebraska State Historic Preservation Office with questions or comments concerning this page, including any problems you may have with broken links (see, however, the Disclaimers link at the bottom of this page). Please provide the URL to this page with your inquiry.