Nebraska Historical Marker: The Small Schoolhouse
S Railway St & US Hwy 136, Edison, Furnas County, Nebraska
View this marker's location 40.279201, -99.77693
View a map of all Nebraska historical markers, Browse Historical Marker Map
This building, measuring 14 by 16 feet, was one of the smallest schoolhouses in Nebraska. It was used by Furnas County District 102, formed on October 7, 1896. The last class was held in 1935. The district was dissolved and the area attached to District 59 on September 30, 1949. Originally located 3 1/2 miles SE of Edison, the building was moved here in 1968.
See Nebraska Historical Marker Program for more information.