Nebraska Historical Marker: The Ferguson House
700 S 16th St, Lincoln, Lancaster County, Nebraska
View this marker's location 40.806766, -96.69805
View a map of all Nebraska historical markers, Browse Historical Marker Map
William Henry Ferguson, Lincoln businessman and investor, built this house in 1909-11. It is one of the best examples of the Second Renaissance Revival style in Lincoln and perhaps in Nebraska. Architects were Searles, Hirsh and Gavin of Cleveland, Ohio; the builder was Olson Construction of Lincoln. Purchased by the State of Nebraska in 1963, the Ferguson house is administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society. This property is on the National Register of Historic Places.
See Nebraska Historical Marker Program for more information.