Nebraska Historical Marker: Officers' Row, 1909
Soldier Creek Rd, Crawford, Dawes County, Nebraska
View this marker's location 42.671264, -103.4715
View a map of all Nebraska historical markers, Browse Historical Marker Map
Consisting of four double sets and one single occupancy dwelling for the post commander, these were the last officers' homes constructed at Fort Robinson. They represent the culmination of Victorian military architecture, with fancy fireplaces and bell systems to summon servants. After the military abandoned the fort in 1948, the quarters provided housing for employees of the USDA Beef Cattle Research Station, and have more recently been used as state park visitor accommodations by the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission.
Miller J Stewart, "Fort Robinson, Nebraska, Army Remount Depot, 1919-1945," Nebraska History 70 (1989): 274-282
See Nebraska Historical Marker Program for more information.