Nebraska Historical Marker: Grace Episcopal Church
601-699 N Cedar St, Red Cloud, Webster County, Nebraska
View this marker's location 40.090922, -98.52069
View a map of all Nebraska historical markers, Browse Historical Marker Map
Built in 1884 on the corner of Second and Walnut, the Grace Protestant Episcopal Church was moved to its present location in 1891. The brick veneer was added sometime after 1922. Willa Cather joined this church in 1922 and remained a loyal member until her death in 1947. The stained glass window "The Good Shepherd" on the north wall was given by Cather in memory of her father. Restored and donated by the Willa Cather Pioneer Memorial and Educational Foundation.
See Nebraska Historical Marker Program for more information.