Difference between revisions of "NRHP: Washington County Courthouse"

From E Nebraska History
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "Washington County Courthouse ==Washington County Courthouse == NRH...")
 
 
Line 3: Line 3:
 
==Washington County Courthouse ==
 
==Washington County Courthouse ==
  
NRHP Reference #: 89002221
+
NRHP Reference #: [https://npgallery.nps.gov/AssetDetail/NRIS/89002221 89002221]
  
 
NRHP Listing Date: 19900110
 
NRHP Listing Date: 19900110

Latest revision as of 07:03, 28 February 2018

Washington_County_Courthouse.JPG
Washington County Courthouse

Washington County Courthouse

NRHP Reference #: 89002221

NRHP Listing Date: 19900110

Location

16th bet Colfax & South, Blair, Washington County, Nebraska

View this property's location

View all NRHP properties on this map.

Summary

Washington County was among the earliest organized in Nebraska, having been established in 1854. After residing in De Soto and Fort Calhoun, the county seat was assigned to Blair in 1869. In 1889 voters passed a bond issue to help finance the construction of a courthouse. Work began the same year, but because of some delays the Romanesque Revival-style courthouse was not finished until 1891.

Further Information

Bibliography

About the National Register of Historic Places

The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) is the country’s official list of historically significant properties. To be eligible for the NRHP a property must generally retain their historic appearance, be at least 50 years old, and have the potential to be documented as historically or architecturally significant at either the local, state, or national level. The National Register of Historic Places is a National Park Service program administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society for the state of Nebraska. Visit the Nebraska State Historical Society's website to learn more about the program.