NRHP: St. Peter's Episcopal Church

From E Nebraska History
Revision as of 08:05, 20 February 2018 by Joelle (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search
St._Peter%27s_Episcopal_Church.jpg
St. Peter's Episcopal Church

St. Peter's Episcopal Church

NRHP Reference #: 80002439

NRHP Listing Date: 19801203

Location

411 L, Neligh, Antelope County, Nebraska

View this property's location

View all NRHP properties on this map.

Summary

St. Peter's Episcopal Church is a simplified version of Gothic Revival architecture. The first Episcopal Church services in Neligh were conducted by the Reverend J. C. Eldred, who arrived in the small village before the coming of the railroad. In March 1887 Neligh Episcopalians purchased the building site. St. Peter's was consecrated in 1888 by Bishop George Worthington, who called it "the best small frame church in the diocese."

Further Information

Bibliography

About the National Register of Historic Places

The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) is the country’s official list of historically significant properties. To be eligible for the NRHP a property must generally retain their historic appearance, be at least 50 years old, and have the potential to be documented as historically or architecturally significant at either the local, state, or national level. The National Register of Historic Places is a National Park Service program administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society for the state of Nebraska. Visit the Nebraska State Historical Society's website to learn more about the program.