NRHP: Kennedy Building
Kennedy Building (Union Outfitting Company)
NRHP Reference #: 85001794
NRHP Listing Date: 19850823
1517 Jackson, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska
View this property's location
View all NRHP properties on this map.
The Kennedy Investment Company, an Omaha family corporation, built the Kennedy Building as a speculative commercial building in 1910, leasing it first to the People's Furniture and Carpet Company and later to the Union Outfitting Company in 1924. The building exhibits elements of the Commercial style and shows the influence of Chicago architect Louis Sullivan.
About the National Register of Historic Places
The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) is the country’s official list of historically significant properties. To be eligible for the NRHP a property must generally retain their historic appearance, be at least 50 years old, and have the potential to be documented as historically or architecturally significant at either the local, state, or national level. The National Register of Historic Places is a National Park Service program administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society for the state of Nebraska. Visit the Nebraska State Historical Society's website to learn more about the program.