NRHP: Georgia Row House
Georgia Row House
NRHP Reference #: 82000603
NRHP Listing Date: 19821112
1040-1044 S 29th, Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska
View this property's location
View all NRHP properties on this map.
The Georgia Row House is a fine and well-preserved example of the Queen Anne style. The three-story building was erected in 1890 for J. Herbert Van Closter, president of the Nebraska Mortgage and Loan Company. The structure is named after Georgia Avenue, the previous name of Omaha's South Twenty-ninth Street. The building is a residential type of urban high density housing, which in Nebraska flourished only in Omaha and Lincoln.
About the National Register of Historic Places
The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) is the country’s official list of historically significant properties. To be eligible for the NRHP a property must generally retain their historic appearance, be at least 50 years old, and have the potential to be documented as historically or architecturally significant at either the local, state, or national level. The National Register of Historic Places is a National Park Service program administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society for the state of Nebraska. Visit the Nebraska State Historical Society's website to learn more about the program.