NRHP: Blacksmith Shop
[[Image: |thumb|right|upright=1.0|alt= |Blacksmith Shop (Offutt Air Force Base)]]
Blacksmith Shop (Offutt Air Force Base)
NRHP Reference #: 78001711
NRHP Listing Date: 19780512
Offutt Air Force Base, Bellevue vicinity, Sarpy County, Nebraska
View this property's location
View all NRHP properties on this map.
The blacksmith shop is located on the original grounds of Fort Crook (now Offutt Air Force Base) outside the boundaries of the Fort Crook Historic District (see separate summary). Completed in 1893, the one-story brick building was designed as a regimental blacksmith, tinsmith, plumber, paint, carpenter, and wheelwright shop. In following years the building served various purposes including headquarters for the Seventh Army Corps and Civilian Conservation Corps, and later as a library and cultural center.
About the National Register of Historic Places
The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) is the country’s official list of historically significant properties. To be eligible for the NRHP a property must generally retain their historic appearance, be at least 50 years old, and have the potential to be documented as historically or architecturally significant at either the local, state, or national level. The National Register of Historic Places is a National Park Service program administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society for the state of Nebraska. Visit the Nebraska State Historical Society's website to learn more about the program.