NRHP: Andrew M. Hargis House
Andrew M. Hargis House (Grand Island Women’s Club)
NRHP Reference #: 78001700
NRHP Listing Date: 19780609
1109 W 2nd, Grand Island, Hall County, Nebraska
View this property's location
View all NRHP properties on this map.
Built in 1898, the Andrew M. Hargis House is a fine example of the Queen Anne style and also incorporates Neo-Classical Revival detailing in its design. Hargis founded the Grand Island Business and Normal College in 1885. The house has been owned by the Grand Island Woman's Club since 1953.
About the National Register of Historic Places
The National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) is the country’s official list of historically significant properties. To be eligible for the NRHP a property must generally retain their historic appearance, be at least 50 years old, and have the potential to be documented as historically or architecturally significant at either the local, state, or national level. The National Register of Historic Places is a National Park Service program administered by the Nebraska State Historical Society for the state of Nebraska. Visit the Nebraska State Historical Society's website to learn more about the program.