Iris Wirsell Stalder (1923-1996), Architect
Iris Wirsell Stalder was born in Humboldt, Nebraska on January 15, 1923. He received his Bachelor of Arts in Architecture from the University of Nebraska in 1948. His wife's name was Audrey. In his career, Stalder was a registered architect in California, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Texas.  In 1950, Stalder worked for Schaumberg & Freeman until 1952, whereupon he began work for James T. Allen until 1955. Stalder died in Omaha, at the age of 73.
Compiled Nebraska Directory Listings
Omaha, Nebraska, 1955-1976
Educational & Professional Associations
1954: Registered Professional Architect, Nebraska, A-337; December 18, 1954.
1968-1976: not listed, Omaha, Nebraska.
1977-1985: architect, Sperry Vickers, Omaha, Nebraska.
1983-1989: I.W. Stalder, Architect, Omaha, Nebraska.
1990: retired, Omaha, Nebraska.
1971-1972: employed Milo E. Cowdery, printer.
Buildings & Projects
New Beef Abattoir, Wilson & Company, Hereford, Texas.
New Hog Processing Plant, Wilson & Company, Logansport, Indiana.
New Beef Boning Facility, United Dressed Beef, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
New Sausage Plant, Morton Sausage Company Inc, St. Paul, Minnesota.
New Educational Unit, Sunset Hills Baptist Church, Omaha, Nebraska.
a. Not listed in Omaha directories, 1929-1946. No Omaha directory, 1947.
1. AIA Historical Directory of American Architects: A Resource Guide to Finding Information About Past Architects, accessed July 27, 2010, http://communities.aia.org/sites/hdoaa/wiki/Wiki%20Pages/ahd1042627.aspx
2. American Institute of Architects, comp., "American Architects Directory" Second Ed. (New York: R. R. Bowker Co., 1962), 667, accessed April 4, 2010, http://communities.aia.org/sites/hdoaa/wiki/Wiki%20Pages/1962%20American%20Architects%20Directory.aspx
3. American Institute of Architects, comp., American Architects Directory Third Ed. (New York: R. R. Bowker Co., 1970), 870, accessed April 4, 2010, http://communities.aia.org/sites/hdoaa/wiki/Wiki%20Pages/1970%20American%20Architects%20Directory.aspx
4. “Stalder-Iris W.,” Omaha World-Herald (April 6, 1996), 32:5.
5. “Professional license results for Iris Wirsell Stalder,” State of Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects website, accessed September 10, 2013, http://www.ea.ne.gov/search/search.php?page=details&lic=A337
D. Murphy, “Iris Wirsell Stalder (1923-1996), Architect,” in David Murphy, Edward F. Zimmer, and Lynn Meyer, comps. Place Makers of Nebraska: The Architects. Lincoln: Nebraska State Historical Society, March 17, 2015. http://www.e-nebraskahistory.org/index.php?title=Place_Makers_of_Nebraska:_The_Architects Accessed, May 31, 2020.
Contact the Nebraska State Historic Preservation Office with questions or comments concerning this page, including any problems you may have with broken links (see, however, the Disclaimers link at the bottom of this page). Please provide the URL to this page with your inquiry.