George M. McCracken (ca. 1876- ), Architect
George M. McCracken was born circa 1876 in Illinois. He worked as an architect in St. Paul, Minnesota and Norfolk, Nebraska. His wife's name was Mary, and he had at least six children. McCracken was not found in the 1900 U.S. Census data for Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Illinois.
Compiled Nebraska Directory Listings
Educational & Professional Associations
1910: draftsman, architect office, St. Paul, Minnesota.
1920: architect, Norfolk, Nebraska.
Buildings & Projects
a. In association with Elbert Watson, Architect.
1. The Klofron (Norfolk, NE: Catholic Young Men’s Association, 1926), 25 (copy in Nebraska State Historical Society, Historic Preservation Division, file MD06-57).
2. “Touch of Spain comes to City in New Theater,” Norfolk Daily News (April 15, 1927), 9.
3. Norfolk Daily News (January 11, 1921).
4. 1920 United States Census, s.v. “G. M. McCracken,” Norfolk, Madison County, Nebraska, accessed through HeritageQuestOnline.com.
5. 1910 United States Census, s.v. “George M. McCracken,” St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota, accessed through HeritageQuestOnline.com.
D. Murphy, “George M. McCracken (ca. 1876- ), Architect,” in David Murphy, Edward F. Zimmer, and Lynn Meyer, comps. Place Makers of Nebraska: The Architects. Lincoln: Nebraska State Historical Society, February 24, 2015. http://www.e-nebraskahistory.org/index.php?title=Place_Makers_of_Nebraska:_The_Architects Accessed, May 31, 2020.
Contact the Nebraska State Historic Preservation Office with questions or comments concerning this page, including any problems you may have with broken links (see, however, the Disclaimers link at the bottom of this page). Please provide the URL to this page with your inquiry.