File:CityPlanDept ButlerHse Winchell 1w.jpg

From E Nebraska History
Jump to: navigation, search
Original file(1,202 × 800 pixels, file size: 1.33 MB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

Governor David Butler House (1869), Lincoln, Nebraska

Description = Governor David Butler House (1869), Lincoln, Nebraska, designed by John Keys Winchell (1841-1877), Architect. This undated view shows brick walls, and simple segmental arches over the second story windows. Elaborate hoods are shown over the arches beneath the porch. Compare with an earlier photograph that shows the walls as ashlar stone with elaborate window hoods throughout; the ashlar was Frear Stone, a concrete-like artificial stone that enjoyed some favor in early Lincoln, but did not weather well. The Frear Stone hoods on the Thomas P. Kennard House, 1869, Lincoln were covered in metal by about 1878. The stone veneer of Butler's house was replaced with brick, perhaps in the late 1880s.

Source = City of Lincoln Planning Dept.

Date = Unknown

File history

Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.

Date/TimeThumbnailDimensionsUserComment
current08:05, 19 September 2014Thumbnail for version as of 08:05, 19 September 20141,202 × 800 (1.33 MB)DMurphy (Talk | contribs)Butler House (1869), Lincoln, Nebraska. City of Lincoln Planning Dept.
  • You cannot overwrite this file.

There are no pages that link to this file.

Metadata