F. William Krelle (1876-1927), Architect
F. William Krelle was born in Nebraska in July 1876 to William F. Krelle and his wife, of whom the former was a German immigrant. Krelle grew up to become a draftsman and architect. As a draftsman, towards the beginning of his career, Krelle worked variously with architects Charles F. Beindorff, John McDonald, and Joseph P. Guth. Krelle then practiced as an architect, perhaps independently. He was married to Emma, with whom he had at least six children. Krelle died January 27, 1927.
Compiled Nebraska Directory Listings
Omaha, Nebraska, 1903-1918
Educational & Professional Associations
1896-1897: draftsman, Omaha, Nebraska.[a]
1898: draftsman, Charles F. Beindorff, Omaha, Nebraska.
1900: architect, Omaha, Nebraska.
1901: draftsman, John McDonald, Omaha, Nebraska.
1902: draftsman, Joseph P. Guth, Omaha, Nebraska.
1903-1904: architect, Omaha, Nebraska.
1905: No directory.
1906-1915: architect, Omaha, Nebraska.[b]
1920: architect, Omaha, Nebraska.
Buildings & Projects
Building (1908), 1912 Lothrop St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0142-028) (listed as W. Krelle)
House (1909), 1617 Binney St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0140-138) (listed as F. Krelle)
Building (1910), 1506 Cass St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0127-010)
Building (1910), 1510 Cass St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0127-011)
a. First Omaha directory listing, 1896.
b. Last Omaha directory listing, 1915. No Omaha directories 1916-1927.
c. Listed as W. Krelle.
d. Listed as T.M. Krelle.
1. Landmarks, Inc., An Inventory of Historic Omaha Buildings (Omaha: City of Omaha and Landmarks Heritage Preservation Commission, 1980), 95.
2. Listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
3. City of Omaha Planning Department, Landmarks Heritage Preservation Commission, Database, Query on Architects, May 20, 2002; courtesy of Lynn Meyer, Preservation Planner.
4. AIA Historical Directory of American Architects: A Resource Guide to Finding Information About Past Architects, accessed May 18, 2010, http://communities.aia.org/sites/hdoaa/wiki/Wiki%20Pages/ahd1024878.aspx
5. 1900 United States Census, s.v. “William F. Krelle,” Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, accessed through HeritageQuestOnline.com.
6. 1910 United States Census, s.v. “William F. Krelle, Jr.” Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, accessed through HeritageQuestOnline.com.
7. 1920 United States Census, s.v. “Fred W. Krelle,” Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, accessed through HeritageQuestOnline.com.
D. Murphy, “F. William Krelle (1876-1927), Architect,” in David Murphy, Edward F. Zimmer, and Lynn Meyer, comps. Place Makers of Nebraska: The Architects. Lincoln: Nebraska State Historical Society, February 9, 2015. http://www.e-nebraskahistory.org/index.php?title=Place_Makers_of_Nebraska:_The_Architects Accessed, October 19, 2019.
Contact the Nebraska State Historic Preservation Office with questions or comments concerning this page, including any problems you may have with broken links (see, however, the Disclaimers link at the bottom of this page). Please provide the URL to this page with your inquiry.