Ernest Frederick Schreiber (ca. 1890- ), Architect
Ernest Frederick Schreiber was born in Illinois, circa 1890, to German immigrant parents. He was a World War I veteran and worked as an architect in Omaha. In the 1940 Omaha directory, Schreiber was listed with a wife, Marie.
Compiled Nebraska Directory Listings
Omaha, Nebraska, 1923-1932, 1938-1962
Educational & Professional Associations
1920-1921: architect and partner, Porter & Schreiber, Architects, Omaha, Nebraska.
1929-1931: architect, 601 Peters Trust Building, Omaha, Nebraska.
1932-1934: not listed, Omaha, Nebraska.
1935: architect, Omaha, Nebraska.
No 1936 directory.
1937-1958: chief architect, FHA, Omaha, Nebraska.
1938: Registered Professional Architect, Nebraska, A-17; February 8, 1938.
1961-1963: profession not listed, Omaha, Nebraska.
1964: retired, Omaha, Nebraska.
Buildings & Projects
House (1923), 1614 Spencer St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0140-044)
House (1923), 5429 Western Ave., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0438-154)
Duplex (1923), 2518-20 Emmet St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0227-007)
House (1924), 5315 Cuming St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0438-005)
House (1924), 661 N. 56th St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0436-011)
House (1924), 5327 Izard St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0438-202)
J.E. Megeath House (1924), 90th St. & Dodge St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0771-001)
Shoup House (1924), 1330 S. 78th Ave., Omaha, Nebraska.
Commercial Building (1925), 4613-17 N. 24th St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0148-003)
House (1927), 2012 N. 52nd St., Omaha, Nebraska. (DO09:0444-158)
a. The Business Sections of the Omaha City Directory gives the dates,1923-1932.
b. First Omaha directory listing, 1917.
1. City of Omaha Planning Department, Landmarks Heritage Preservation Commission, Database, Query on Architects, May 20, 2002; courtesy of Lynn Meyer, Preservation Planner.
2. “A Comprehensive Program for Historic Preservation in Omaha,” (Omaha: Omaha City Planning Department, 1980), 92-93 (Omaha Directories, Business Section listings).
3. “Professional license results for Ernest Frederick Schreiber,” State of Nebraska Board of Engineers and Architects website, accessed September 3, 2013, http://www.ea.ne.gov/search/search.php?page=details&lic=A17
4. 1930 United States Census, s.v. “Ernest F. Schreiber,” Omaha, Douglas County, Nebraska, accessed through AncestryLibrary.com.
5. "Building New Home to Look Old," Omaha World-Herald (August 3, 1924), 18.
6. "First Home in Loveland," Omaha World-Herald (August 3, 1924), 18.
D. Murphy, “Ernest Frederick Schreiber (ca. 1890- ), Architect,” in David Murphy, Edward F. Zimmer, and Lynn Meyer, comps. Place Makers of Nebraska: The Architects. Lincoln: Nebraska State Historical Society, March 13, 2018. http://www.e-nebraskahistory.org/index.php?title=Place_Makers_of_Nebraska:_The_Architects Accessed, June 3, 2020.
Contact the Nebraska State Historic Preservation Office with questions or comments concerning this page, including any problems you may have with broken links (see, however, the Disclaimers link at the bottom of this page). Please provide the URL to this page with your inquiry.