Donald Henry Korff (1925-2009), Architect
Donald Henry Korff was born in Hebron, Nebraska on December 10, 1925. He attended Nebraska Wesleyan University in 1944, and received his Bachelor’s of Arts in Architecture from the University of Nebraska at Omaha in 1950. A year later, in 1951, Korff briefly was an architect for James T. Allan, but he ended up working as an architect for the firm, John Latenser & Sons, in Omaha. In 1954, Korff worked independently at his own firm, Donald Henry Korff, in Omaha. The following year, he was one half of the first set of co-directors (with Fritz Sather) for the architectural department at Henningson Durham & Richardson. In 1979, Korff became an Architect member on the State Board of Examiners for Engineers and Architects, until 1994. Korff died April 8, 2009.
Compiled Nebraska Directory Listings
Hebron, Nebraska, 1955
Omaha, Nebraska, 1929-2000
Educational & Professional Associations
1950: Bachelor of Arts, Architecture, University of Nebraska-Omaha.
1950: architect, Auditorium, Architect. Assoc, 1950. 
1954-1956: architect, Omaha, Nebraska.
1955: private practice, Hebron, Nebraska.
1955: Registered Professional Architect, Nebraska, A-354; December 31, 1955.
1955: architect and co-director, architectural department, Henningson Durham & Richardson, Architects & Engineers, Omaha, Nebraska.
1979-1994: architect member State Board of Examiners for Engineers and Architects.
1995-1999: retired, Omaha, Nebraska.
2004: Architect Emeritus, Omaha, Nebraska.
Buildings & Projects
1. “Professional license results for Donald Henry Korff,” Nebraska State Board of Engineers and Architects Website, accessed April 1, 2003, <http://www.ea.state.ne.us/search/search.cgi>
2. Charles W. Durham and Robert F. Krohn, Henningson, Durham & Richardson: Offering Professional Design Services Since 1917 [Newcomen Publication Number 1082] (New York, Downingtown, Princeton, and Portland: The Newcomen Society in North America, 1978).
3. American Institute of Architects, comp., American Architects Directory Second Ed. (New York: R. R. Bowker Co., 1962), 391, accessed April 4, 2010, http://communities.aia.org/sites/hdoaa/wiki/Wiki%20Pages/1962%20American%20Architects%20Directory.aspx
4. The Nebraska Professional (June 2004), 6.
5. The Nebraska Professional (September 2009), 7.
D. Murphy, “Donald Henry Korff (1925-2009), Architect,” in David Murphy, Edward F. Zimmer, and Lynn Meyer, comps. Place Makers of Nebraska: The Architects. Lincoln: Nebraska State Historical Society, February 3, 2015. http://www.e-nebraskahistory.org/index.php?title=Place_Makers_of_Nebraska:_The_Architects Accessed, October 19, 2019.
Contact the Nebraska State Historic Preservation Office with questions or comments concerning this page, including any problems you may have with broken links (see, however, the Disclaimers link at the bottom of this page). Please provide the URL to this page with your inquiry.